Our blog post WhatsApp said in 2013, when we first introduced voice messaging in 2013, we knew it could change the way people communicate. Keeping the design simple, we’ve made recording and sending voice messages as fast and easy as writing text. According to WhatsApp, its users worldwide send an average of 7 billion voice messages.
Your favorite way to chat just got better. With voice messages, you can now:
️ Pause while recording – take your time when you think in Hindi but speak in English
, Listen while responding to other chats because when Mom needs an answer, you answer!
Time to hit pic.twitter.com/tlKgVpRMTG
— WhatsApp (@WhatsApp) March 30, 2022
These features are coming on WhatsApp
- WhatsApp users will now be able to listen to voice messages even outside the chat. With this, he will be able to listen to voice messages as well as do other tasks on the phone, such as answering other messages by reading them.
- WhatsApp users will now be able to pause or pause a voice message while recording it. The message can be recorded from there when it is ready for recording again.
- Now while recording a message on WhatsApp, users will see its visualization in waveform. It will be the same as it appears while recording with the phone’s recorder.
- WhatsApp users will now also have the ability to draft voice messages. The advantage of this is that the message can be heard before it is sent. If there is any mistake in it or missing the important thing, it can be re-recorded.
- WhatsApp is also bringing ‘Remember Playback’ feature for its users. If the user pauses while listening to a voice message, after returning to the chat, the message can be heard from where it was stopped.
- WhatsApp users will now be able to playback messages at one and a half or two times the speed. Along with regular, forward messages can also be heard faster.