The difficulty is that for Live Train Status you need to download NTES app on your smartphone. At the same time, to know the PNR Status, the Rail Connect app. Many people complain that two apps are needed to get information related to one service. Probably to overcome this problem, Indian Railways has partnered with online travel website Make My Trip. Thanks to this partnership, users will now be able to check PNR status and live train status just by doing WhatsApp.
To take advantage of this facility, some important things have to be taken care of. The most important of these is that you have the latest version of WhatsApp. Apart from this no work will be done without internet connection. If you want to know the status of your train ticket, then write down the PNR number somewhere. If you want to know the live running status of the training, keep the train number close by.
Store the MakeMyTrip WhatsApp number on the phone
1. First of all open the dialer of your smartphone.
2. Here type ‘7349389104’. Please note that this is the official WhatsApp number of MakeMyTrip. Save it again in Contacts.
3. After storing this number in the phone, open WhatsApp on your phone. After that refresh the contact list.
4. After this, search the number with McMyTrip in the contact. After this open the chat window of this number.
To know train status do this
1. To know the live train status, send the train number in the chat window. For example, type 12309 and send it to chat.
2. After this you will get the live status of that train.
Let us tell you that like Rail Connect app, you will not be able to get any information about the train running a day before. The information will be available for that day only.
how to check pnr
1. To check train ticket status, after PNR in the chat window, give a space and send it by writing the PNR number. For example, PNR 1234567890
2. After this you will get the detailed PNR status in reply.
Let us tell you that during this time you have to take care of some other things. As the message sent by you has been delivered to MakeMyTrip on WhatsApp number. If you can see two ticks next to the message text, then the message has been delivered. Apart from this, MakeMyTrip gives all this information from IRCTC servers. It is possible that sometimes it will take some time to get the answer.