India will start favourite in a must-win match against Bangladesh in the Women’s World Cup 2022 at Seddon Park in Hamilton on Tuesday.
The Women in Blue are coming off a six-wicket loss against table-topper Australia and are fourth on the points table, with two wins in five games.
Only a win on Tuesday will solidify its position as England is close on India’s tail at fifth with the same number of points but a lower net run rate.
Head to head: Mithali Raj will back her team to beat Bangladesh as it has got the better of its neighbour on all the four occasions that they have met in Women’s One-Day Internationals (WODIs). This will be the first ODI World Cup meeting between the sides as this is Bangladesh’s maiden World Cup campaign.
All Women’s ODIs (IND vs BAN)
- Highest run-scorer: IND-W – Harmanpreet Kaur (195), BAN-W – Salma Khatun (146)
- Highest run-scorer (in an innings): IND-W – Harmanpreet Kaur (103), BAN-W – Salma Khatun (75*)
- Most wickets: IND-W – Ekta Bisht (8), BAN-W – Rumana Ahmed (5)
- Best bowling performance: IND-W – Poonam Yadav (3/15), BAN-W – Rumana Ahmed (4/20)
- Highest team totals: IND-W – 256/6, BAN-W – 210/9
- Lowest team totals: IND-W – 154 all out, BAN-W – 96 all out
WHERE AND WHEN TO WATCH INDIA VS BANGLADESH LIVE?
|India vs Bangladesh will be aired LIVE on the Star Sports Network at 6:30 AM IST. The match will also be available for live streaming on Disney+Hotstar.|