The feature of sending WhatsApp messages through Google Assistant started from 2015 by recognizing your voice. In 2016, Apple also brought Siri to the third party messaging app, which was also used by WhatsApp soon after the official release of iOS 10.
How to send WhatsApp messages without typing on Android
Before moving on to how you can send WhatsApp messages without typing on an Android device, make sure you’re using the latest WhatsApp version. You also need to have the latest version of Google Assistant installed on your phone. You can check for its updates manually from Google Play.
- By tapping your profile picture in the top-right corner of the Google Assistant Popular Settings go up and down Personal results Scroll to Turn on that function.
- To activate the voice assistant”Hey Google” either “OK Google“Say.
- Now, you can say with the name of your contact- “Send a WhatsApp message…” (…to whom you want to send a WhatsApp message)
- Google Assistant will now ask you to specify the message you wanted to send on WhatsApp. You have to reply with your message in a clear voice.
- You just have to say “OK, send it” to let the Google Assistant send your message without typing it on the screen.
It’s important to note that the Google Assistant may not ask for your permission to send your message and may send it directly to the contact you’ve already messaged. You can use this feature without using your hands without even unlocking your phone. But for that you have to activate Google Assistant for that. To do this, you can activate it in Settings by going to Popular Settings > Lock screen.
How to send WhatsApp messages without typing on iOS
Here are the steps you need to follow to start sending WhatsApp messages without typing on iOS. This feature is available on iOS 10.3 and above and users can take advantage of it.
- Settings > Siri & Search go to and thenHey Siri” For Listen Turn on.
- Scroll down and tap on WhatsApp then to activate Siri integration Use with Ask Siri Enable it.
- Now you can say “Hey Siri! Send a WhatsApp message…” After this you have to say the name of your contact whom you want to message.
- Siri will ask you what you want to send. You can then tell that message to Assistant.
- Now, a preview will appear on your iPhone’s screen with your message. Siri will read it for you as well.
- Siri will ask you if you are ready to send a message. If you are satisfied with the text you type, you can say “yes” to send your message to your contact on WhatsApp.
If this is the first time you’re accessing WhatsApp via your voice commands on an iOS device, you’ll need to allow Siri to access your WhatsApp data. Sometimes, Siri also doesn’t work properly with WhatsApp and gives an error saying- “Sorry, there’s something wrong. Please try again, (“Sorry, something is wrong. Please try again”)