To link Aadhaar number with PAN card, you will have to visit the most e-filing website (https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/) and follow these instructions.
1. If you are visiting this website for the first time, then first click on **Register Here**. After this, by giving the details of PAN, create a password after OTP verification. After that you have to login.
2. If you already have an account then just click on **Login here**.
3. You have to enter your PAN number in the UserID. Then enter the password, and then the captcha code. Finally click on **Login**.
4. After this a pop up window will appear in which you will be asked to link the Aadhaar number. After that enter aadhar number and then captcha code. Finally click on **Link now**.
5. Don’t worry if you don’t see the popup window. You can still easily link the two numbers. For this, go to the profile settings visible in the top menu. After this click on the option with **Link Aadhaar**.
6. After this enter your Aadhaar number and then click on **Save**.
Explain that this method will work only when the details of PAN card and Aadhar card are completely matched. For those whose details on both the cards do not match perfectly, the government has tried to simplify this system. Now all you have to do is provide a scanned copy of your PAN card. Apart from this, the tax department is also planning to give an online option in this regard. It will give an option to taxpayers to link Aadhaar on its e-filing portal. In this option they have to opt for a one time password without changing their name. To opt for this option, he has to provide the date of birth mentioned in both his documents and on matching, he will be able to link PAN with Aadhaar online. Looks like this option is not made available yet.
Hope this information will prove to be very useful for you while filing Income Tax.