The last date for filing Income Tax has passed, and if you have not filed your return too, then fill it. However, now you will be fined. Know how to do Income Tax e-filing. The process of doing Income Tax Return online is not very difficult. Today we will tell you the method of income tax e-filing. You can save your time by filing income tax online.
Follow these steps to file Income Tax Return:
- To file income tax return, first you need to visit the online tax filing site of Income Tax Department. IncomeTaxIndiaeFiling.gov.in will go on. After that you have to register yourself here.
- If you are filing your return for the first time, first of all click on the ‘New Registration’ tab and after giving all the relevant information, create your profile and password. While creating your User ID, keep in mind that you have an active e-mail ID and mobile number and you have given the correct information.
- It is necessary to do this because the communication will be done here by the department. The registration process will be completed by clicking on the one-time password on your mobile and the activation link sent via email. If you are already registered then go to ‘Registered User’. For any kind of assistance, you can click on the ‘Customer Care Tab’ to get the helpline number or you can call the customer care center.
- After that click on the login tab and fill in the required information, your user ID, PAN number, password, date of birth (which is on the PAN number) and captcha code. Now click on the login button given below.
- After signing in, your account dashboard will open, as can be seen in the picture. Then click on the e-file tab and select the option ‘Prepay and Submit ITR Online’.
- Now, select your relevant form and the year for which the return is to be filed (Assessment Year). Here the taxpayer can fill his address, what he has given for PAN, what was given for return last time or new address. The department asks you to digitally sign your return. If you have selected ‘Yes’ then you will need to upload your signature which needs to be pre-registered on the Income Tax website.
- Now click on ‘Submit’ and after that the website will redirect you to another page to fill the form selected by you. Before filling up on the ITR form, you should go through all the ‘General Instructions’ given at the beginning of the form to know the Do’s and Don’ts.
- After this, you will be asked to fill in different tabs such as General information, Income information, Tax information and Tax payment information in the ITR form. Make sure that the tax payable shown in the online form matches with your calculation.
- Before making the final submission, we recommend that you save all the data you have entered and check it again to avoid any mistakes. Once click on the ‘Preview and Submit’ button, now the preview of your ITR form will be displayed in the open before the final submission.
- Once you click on the ‘Submit’ button, your ITR will be uploaded and you will then be asked to verify your return using any of the available options.
- If you have already registered your digital signature, then you will be asked to upload the digital signature at the time of submitting the final ITR. Once uploaded and submitted, the ITR filing process is complete and no verification is required. You will also not need to send any receipt (Acknowledgment/ITR V) to CPC Bangalore.
- However, if you have not uploaded the digital signature while filing the return, you can verify your return using your Aadhaar OTP or electronic verification method. Also you can sign and send the print out of ITR V to CPC, Bangalore within 120 days of e-filing.
- After successful uploading of your return, a receipt (Acknowledgment/ITR V) will be sent to your registered email id. This receipt will also be reflected in your account on the e-filing website from where you can download it if required.
- Once you are verified, the department will start processing your ITR. After your ITR is processed, you will be informed through an SMS on the same email and registered mobile number.