Earlier, the very thought of applying for a passport used to start a headache for many. By the way, many people still get worried about small things, such as how to fill the form and what documents will be required. For this reason many people take the help of agents and complete their work by paying a single amount. Such people believe that many hours will be wasted in completing the work in government offices. It may be that for this work one does not have to go from one office to another.
If you too are looking for agent help, then read the tips given below, because applying for passport online is now very easy. By the way, the process of making a passport is still lengthy and even after applying online, you will have to go to the passport office. But it is certain that you will not need an agent.
To make passport online, do this…
1. Passport Seva Website Go to
2. Click on the new user box. This will take you to the registration page.
3. Now Passport Seva Go to website. Select the passport office of the city you are living in. Also make sure that you type your name exactly as it appears on your document. The rest of the form is very simple. It’s no different than signing up on any other website.
4. when the job is done Register Click on
5. Now that you have created your account Passport Seva Go back to website.
6. green ones Login Click on the button.
7. Enter your email id and Continue Click on
8. Enter your email address, password, and the characters in the image. anymore Login Click on
9. Apply for Fresh Passport/Reissue of Passport Click on
10. You have two options. You can download the form, fill it out and upload it back to the website, or it can be filled online. We would suggest that you fill the form online only. By doing this you will be able to save time.
If you want to download and fill the form then you can Click here to download the soft copy of the form Click on it Alternative 1 It is present in the first subheading on the page.
11. If you want to fill the form online then you can Click here to fill the application form online Click on the option. it Alternative 2 exists inside the page. We would still suggest you to choose this option, as it is the easiest way to apply for a passport.
12. On the next page you have to choose between new passport or re-issue, normal or tatkal, 38 pages or 60 pages. Choose the option as per your convenience and requirement and then click on Next page.
13. You will have to provide personal details in the next page. Make sure that the information you are providing must match exactly with the documents you have. If you have any doubt you can official instruction booklet can check. After filling the form, click on the bottom right corner Submit Application Click on the button.
14. After filling the form once again go back to the webpage which is mentioned in step number 9.
15. View Saved/Submitted Applications Click on
16. You will be able to see the application that was submitted a while back. Click on the radio button next to it. anymore Pay and Schedule Appointment Click on
17. Online Payment select and Next Click on
Now the list of Passport Seva Kendras in your city will appear on the screen. It will also mention the nearest date and time for the appointment.
18. PSK Location Select an option as per your convenience from the drop down menu next to
19. After that type the characters made in the image. After that click on Next.
20. Pay and Book Appointment Click on
21. This will take you to the Payment Gateway page. As soon as your payment is complete, you can once again Passport Seva will reach the website.
22. Now you will be able to see a page on which Appointment Confirmation will be written On this page, complete details of the appointment received from Passport Seva Kendra (PSK) will be available.
23. Print Application Receipt Click on On the next page you will be able to see the detailed view of your application. Once again click on Print Application Receipt.
24. On the next page you will be able to see the preview of the receipt. once again Print Application Receipt Click on After doing this you will be able to take a print out of your appointment confirmation.
25. You will need a print out of this receipt for entry at the Passport Seva Kendra.
Now you reach the Passport Seva Kendra on the scheduled time. We are telling from our experience that if you have all the documents, then it should not take you more than two hours. You will get your passport only after police verification is complete. During this you can check the status of your application Here can check.