If you want to vote in the general election of Election 2019 or any state election, then it is mandatory to have your name in the voter list. Along with this, it is also necessary to have a Voter ID card issued by the Election Commission. Keep in mind, just having Voter ID card is not enough, so know whether your name is in Voter List or not…
How to know whether your name is in the voter list or not…
By following these easy steps, you can check whether your name is in the electoral list or not.
1. National Voter Services Portal page Go to
2. By going here, you can check in two ways. First, either you fill the asked information or you can enter your voter ID card’s EPIC number here. The EPIC number is written on your Voter ID card in bold letters.
If you have EPIC number then…
1. NVSP Electoral search page Go to
2. Tap on Search by EPIC number
3. Enter your EPIC number here. Select your state in the drop down menu. Enter the code shown in the picture. Then tap on Search.
4. If your name is in the voter list, then it will appear below the search button. If nothing shows up then it is very likely that your name is missing from the voter list.
If you don’t have EPIC number then…
1. NVSP Electoral search page go to
2. Select and tap on Search by detail
3. Fill the complete details asked for including name, gender, age, constituency. After that enter the captcha code shown in the picture. Then click on Search.
4. If you see the result below the search button, then understand that your name is entered in the voter list. If not, then assume that your name is missing from the voter list.
In India, the correct name of the people is not always recorded on the voter card. We have seen many such voter cards on which the name is written wrongly. In such a situation, sometimes the result is zero when the correct name is entered in the search. So we would suggest you to check with the help of EPIC number and not by name. This way you will be able to avoid questionable results.