TV viewers have to choose the channels of their choice till 1st February 2019. Under the new framework, viewers will now pay only for the channels they want to watch. Now the question will be in your mind that how to choose the channel. We will tell you about this. In this article, we will tell you about how to choose a channel on Airtel DTH service.
The choice of Airtel DTH pack is possible through Airtel’s website and MyAirtel app…
Choose the channel of your choice like this on Airtel’s website
1. First of all login to Airtel website with your ID. If you do not have Airtel ID then register yourself.
2. As soon as you log in, in the Overview section, you will see all the products of Airtel whose service you are taking advantage of.
3. Now click on your DTH ID. After this the page of your Airtel DTH account will open. Here you will see the options of Recharge, Transactions and Connections.
4. Now select the option of Connections. On clicking here, you will get the message of Attention Required in the red colored banner. In this, the matter of TRAI’s framework has been written. Now click on the Upgrdae Now button.
5. After doing this a new page will appear. First of all, you will get a suggestion of a new plan from Airtel based on your existing plan. If you want, you can choose this plan. Here is the channel list as well. By clicking on it, you can know which channels you are going to get in that plan. Click on Get It if the plan fits your budget and preferences. After that you will go to the confirmation page. This is where your pack will change.
6. The above procedure is based on the suggestion given by Airtel. If you want, you can choose the channels of your choice one by one from Broadcaster Bouquet and Ala-Carte.
7. In Broadcaster Bouquet, you can choose the package of many channels of any one company. For example, DISCOVERY Bouquet 1 Family pack and NDTV North Info. The details of how many channels are present in these packs are available on the page itself. If you want, you can also know the names of all the channels by clicking on the channel list.
8. After selecting the pack from the broadcaster bouquet, you have to click on Continue. After this, the option of Ala-Carte automatically comes. This has been done because some channels of your choice may not be there in Broadcaster Bouquet. In this case, you can choose each channel individually.
9. When you feel that you have selected all the channels of your choice. After that click on the Continue button again. Explain that this button will also show the total number of channels you have selected.
10. On the next page, you will have the complete details of all the channels selected from the Broadcaster Bouquet pack and Ala-Carte channel. This is where it comes to know that Airtel charges you a minimum amount of Rs 153 for its DTH service.
11. As soon as you hit the confirm button on the next page. Your new package will be ready which will be active from 1st February 2019. Let us tell you that in the amount of Rs 153 you will be given 25 channels of Doordarshan without any extra amount.
Select Airtel DTH Channels from My Airtel App
1. Install MyAirtel app on your smartphone. On this app, use the mobile number that you have given for Airtel DTH service. If you have an ID, please login. New users can register themselves.
2. You will see your DTH ID in the My Accounts section on the home page of the My Airtel app. Tap on this.
3. After this the page of Airtel DTH ID will come. Here you will see many options. Now tap on My Account. On this page you will also see the option of Connections. Now select it.
4. On clicking here, you will get the message of Attention Required in the red colored banner. In this, the matter of TRAI’s framework has been written. Now click on the Upgrdae Now button.
5. After this you will get the Change Current Plan page. Now follow the same procedure as on the website. Here too your plan has been suggested by Airtel. There is also the option of broadcaster Bouquet and Ala-Carte. We suggest you to follow the instructions given above. In this way the DTH pack of your choice will be activated.
Now the question will be in your mind that is it necessary to do this? The answer is yes. We spoke to the customer care officer of Airtel DTH regarding this. We were informed that the existing plan will be active only till 31st January 2019. The new plans will become active from 1 February 2019. If you do not choose a plan, you will be contacted by the customer care officer to opt for the plan from Airtel.
If you don’t choose a channel this time, there will be an option to make it a part of your pack in future. Apart from this, you will have to pay at least Rs 153 to use Airtel DTH. In this you will get 25 free channels of Doordarshan.
Hopefully by following the above instructions you will be able to choose the channels of your choice on Airtel DTH.